ATU 689/TRANSDEV STRIKE UPDATE: DAY 28
Wednesday, November 20, marks 28 days of strike for ATU Local 689 Metrobus workers employed by Transdev at WMATA's Cinder Bed Road garage. "We’ve got two huge days ahead of us," says ATU's Todd Brogan.
Bargaining will finally resume on Wednesday, November 20, and Thursday, November 21, with a federal mediator on hand. Read and share ATU’s full statement here.
On Wednesday, the lunchtime picket will be joined by AFM musicians with instruments in tow; "Should be a fun one," says Brogan. Tuesday, they were joined by a group of AFA-CWA and APALA members on the WMATA HQ picket line. "You’re welcome to join us any day!" Brogan urges. Check here for the schedule. "Please be patient with us, as sometimes the shuttle from the primary line to this one can run behind schedule."
On Thursday, Nov 21, at the next WMATA Board meeting. DC Jobs with Justice is organizing supporters to pack the room, and ATU 689 will be bringing the strikers along. Check here for details.
On Monday, ATU released the strike anthem, written by striker Otis Price. It’s already gotten shared across the globe, but you can view it and share it here.
"On Saturday, we had a raucous rally in Fairfax alongside ATU Local 1764 members, who may strike at the Fairfax Connector as soon as December 1." Check out the rally recap here.
New rider leaflets are in circulation. If you’re group is looking to pick some up, please contact Brogan at [email protected] or ATU Local 689’s Brian Wivell, at [email protected].
Here’s how you can help:
· Donate $: http://bit.ly/cinderbedstrike
· Donate : http://bit.ly/cinderbedmeals
· Picket in VA (daily): https://facebook.com/events/2310195405775260/
· Picket in DC (weekdays): https://facebook.com/events/553753515478162/
· Pack the WMATA Board room with DCJWJ (Thursday Nov 21): https://facebook.com/events/929720930
· Firewood is key as the weather gets cold. We’ve got two burn barrels now, and need kindling and logs.
· Call out @wmata on Twitter and @metroforward on Facebook with words of support for the strikers. Remember to tag @atulocal689 on Twitter or @atulocal689group on Facebook so they can repost.
Comments are closed.