Weather permitting, the Metro Council's meeting will be held on Monday, January 25, 6:30pm at the AFL-CIO, 815 16th Street NW. Nominations for the following Executive Board positions will be conducted at the meeting: President; 1st Vice President; 2nd Vice President; 3rd Vice-President; Secretary; Treasurer; 17 Executive Board members (one of whom shall be a representative of an AFL-CIO Constituency Group elected pursuant to the Constitution); 3 Trustees.
Article VII Section 2. Each officer and executive board member, at the time of the election and at all times during the term of office shall be a duly-accredited delegate from an affiliated organization.
Section 3. The term of office shall be for three (3) years…
Section 4. Not more than one (1) delegate from the same local union, nor more than three (3) delegates from different locals of the same National or International Union, shall be eligible to hold office at the same time.
Article XII Section 3. A local union or other organization which becomes three (3) months in arrears shall not be considered in good standing and shall not be entitled to voice or vote in meetings of this Area Labor Council.
President Williams has appointed, and the current Board has approved, the following individuals to serve on the Elections Committee, which will oversee activities from now through the completion of the elections process:
Mike Murphy, IUOE 99, Chairman; Robin Burns, DCNA; Ed Hill, AFGE 2782;
Ann Hoffman, National Writers Union; Eric Starin, OPEIU Local 2
Pursuant to Article VIII Elections and Vacancies
Affiliates may access
- the name and mailing address of each of the organizations affiliated with the Area Labor Council
- the name of each of the affiliated organization’s principal officers
- each organization’s projected per capita voting strength and delegate entitlement at the election
- to the extent available, the names and mailing addresses of the delegates
- Officers of organizations affiliated with the local area labor council shall also be entitled to inspect at the place where the records are kept and to make their own notes concerning the most current underlying records relating to the information included in the list provided above.
All affiliated organizations have been mailed a document indicating the average of their per capita paid for 12 of the last 13 months, as well as the list of delegates the MWC now has on file. PLEASE NOTIFY THE COUNCIL OF UPDATES TO THIS INFORMATION OR QUESTIONS REGARDING PER CAPITA AND VOTING STRENGTH ASAP.
The MWC Constitution is accessible on the Council’s website.