As Lorton bus drivers prepare to enter Day 9 of their strike against Transdev, the ATU Local 689 Metrobus workers at WMATA's Cinder Bed Road garage “are a little wetter thanks to today’s rain, but their morale remains high,” reports ATU’s Todd Brogan. “’We’re not going anywhere’ is the mood,” Brogan added. Bargaining with Transdev resumed today, four members of the VA General Assembly submitted a letter to Paul Wiedefeld and Senator Bernie Sanders issued a message of support. Pickets continue over the weekend (see Calendar); for latest solidarity updates follow ATU Local 689 on Facebook.
Here’s how you can help:
· SAVE THE DATE: Metrobus Strike Rally at WMATA Headquarters, 12:00 p.m., Wednesday, November 6, 600 5th Street NW, Washington, DC.
· Forward this email to your networks so they know how to plug in.
· Local 689 is looking for volunteers to help run a food pantry as workers enter the critical second week of strike. Email [email protected] or [email protected]
· Pick up leaflets from an ATU organizer and hit your transit stop in the morning or after work. Email [email protected] or [email protected] to request some.
· Become a part of Local 689’s “solidarity action team” by emailing [email protected] The Solidarity Action Team will be equipped to conduct small direct actions to raise awareness of the systemwide impacts of this struggle.
· Donate to the Cinder Bed strike fund.
· Download and print this sign, then take a photo, post to social media and tag @wmata on Twitter and @metroforward on Facebook with words of support for the strikers. Remember to tag @atulocal689 on Twitter or @atulocal689group on Facebook.